Discover the cultural impact of recorded music
Music ID Impact provides a meta-narrative of popular music history, allowing you to see which recordings have had the greatest cultural impact. Built on our extensive, authoritative music chart data, Music ID Impact lets you discover the top artists, songs, and albums since 1900––including rankings for every year, for every decade, and for all time!
Using Music ID Impact, you can quickly find the top songs and albums from most years, as well as every song or album that has been a hit anywhere for the top 1000 artists (including their collaborations). There is also a complete list of the songs that were number 1 for any month from January 1940 to December 2017 in the USA, UK, and other countries worldwide.
Now, it is easy to see how long an artist dominated the charts, which singles lingered in the public consciousness, what albums best defined a decade, and much more––all derived from data you can trust.
With Music ID Impact, you can easily find answers to such questions as:
- What are the most impactful songs of all time?
- What was the biggest hit of every year since 1900?
- Who are the most successful musical acts of all time?
- Who were the top 50 most influential musicians of the 1970s?
- What were the biggest hit albums of the 1990s?
- Which songs have spent the most weeks in the charts?
- Which Beatles songs were on the chart the longest?
- What was the number 1 song on any particular day?
- Which artists have had the most hits of all time?
- Which songs, albums, and artists have had the most chart entries?
- What artist has had the longest career on the charts?
Music ID Impact puts a century of music industry data at your fingertips!