The World’s Premier Aggregator of Global Music Industry Data
“It will make music librarians wonder how we got by without it until now”
-Notes: Quarterly Journal of the Music Library Association
Music ID is an academic research tool that utilizes powerful analytics to compile global music industry data into three, easy-to-use platforms: Music ID Data, Music ID Revenue, and Music ID Impact.
Incorporating 5,452 different charts spanning 74 countries, Music ID Data provides access to perpetually-updated, week-to-week information on iTunes downloads, Spotify and Apple Music streams, and Shazam searches, as well as contemporary and historical data from Billboard, the Official Charts Company, GfK, and more.
Music ID Revenue tracks the worldwide top earning recordings of the 21st century, revealing the most successful artists, singles, and albums of the last twenty years.
With data going back to 1900, Music ID Impact provides a meta-narrative of popular music history, supplying research data on the top artists, songs, and albums for every year, for every decade, and for all time!
Through Music ID, scholars can easily and intuitively wield ‘Big Data’ to enhance their work and participate in the growing fields of Digital Humanities and Digital Social Sciences. Whether you’re in Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Marketing, Musicology, Music Industry, or Sociology, Music ID’s more than 200 million data points let you track major industry trends across decades, breakdown individual performance week-by-week, compare success internationally, and so much more. Its built-in visualization tools also provide exportable graphic representations of overall sales patterns. Quantify the cultural impact of music.
- Quick and convenient access to 5,452 different charts, including albums, singles, and specialist genre charts, as well as ranking data on Apple Music and Spotify Streams, iTunes downloads, and Shazam queries updated weekly
- Authoritative chart data from the most respected sources, including current and archival sales data from Billboard, the Official Charts Company, GfK, and more
- Data from 74 countries
- Coverage from the 1950s to the present day
- Search by artist, album, single, or date
- Multiple charts broken down by genre, including Christian, Classical, Country, Dance, Electronica, Folk, Gospel, Jazz, Latin, R&B, and Rock charts
- Powerful visualisation tools
- Ability to customise and export data sets for further analysis
- Personalised Research Folders that allow you to keep track of your research and re-run queries with the latest data
- Links to contextual and supplementary content, including world events timeline and artist biographies
- Available as an annual subscription or perpetual license